Website Wanneroo Basketball Association
Take your career to the next level at the destination of choice for Basketball in WA!
Oversee the Wanneroo Basketball Association’s extensive communications strategy, executing innovative and cutting-edge communications activities to grow and strengthen the Wolves brand and engage new and existing audiences.
Devise and deliver revenue growth activities, via the establishment of new partnerships and business activities, supporting new avenues for participation, along with highly innovative new programs and products that will grow member engagement and connectivity whilst ensuring the financial sustainability of the Association.
- Take directions from the CEO as applicable.
- Promote participation and growth in all WBA competitions, programs and activities.
- Devise and deliver all club digital and social communications activities, in-line with the WBA Member Communication strategy and other content plans, ensuring the Wolves brand is at the forefront of Basketball.
- Further enhance and expand the club’s retail activities, driving additional revenue outcomes from new and existing Merchandise lines and retail opportunities.
- Devise and deliver upon a club events strategy, focusing upon a balance between social activity and connectivity within the club – member-focused, revenue positive initiatives that support club sustainability.
- Support the CEO across key revenue activities, exhibiting an entrepreneurial approach and commercial orientation to activities that will include;
- Commercial partnership acquisition, retention and servicing;
- SBL casual hospitality sales; prospects and partnerships;
- Stakeholder management and engagement;
- Function room hire and other external user interactions;
- Management of Wolves Bar and associated resources to drive engagement;
- Other commercial aspects as required for the role within a sporting organisation.
- Ensure the Wolves brand and all associated assets are protected and applied consistently, with corporate discipline, in-line with style guides and acceptable use principles.
- Responsibility for ensuring ongoing maintenance & current and consistent new content across the club’s digital and social platforms and the club’s retail site (Wolfpack Wear).
- Lead the review and update of the club’s corporate site, www.wolfpackbasketball.com.au, ensuring contemporary, intuitive and engaging for the club’s membership.
- Develop and deliver the annual marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Develop the association wide annual marketing calendar.
- Manage the online presence of the association and key staff including CEO, Senior Coaches and elite players.
- End to end creation of digital content including, videos, photos, infographics, advertisements etc.
- Responsible for the management of the Wolfpack Wear online and physical shop including – stocktake, sales reports, promotional activities, product development.
- Assist the Events & Administration Coordinator in the planning, marketing, set up and delivery of all events under the WBA banner.
- Regularly liaise with local media outlets to increase the reach and brand recognition of the WBA ensuring maximum exposure across a variety of platforms.
- Write and distribute all association media releases, news items and announcements.
In addition to the duties specified above, the Employer is entitled to request the Employee to perform such other duties as are within the Employee’s skill, competence or training and are reasonably requested in order to meet the requirements of the company.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Advanced understanding and experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, Canva or similar
- SEO knowledge and experience
- EDM experience (MailChimp or similar)
- Professional (not personal) experience in managing the commercial use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and all other social media platforms
- Capturing and editing of video footage
- Advanced photography skills
- Retail sales experience or product development
- Website development, design and maintenance
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current “C” Class Driver’s License
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with children check
- Drivers Licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
To apply for this job please visit www.sportspeople.com.au.