As Category & Partnerships Manager Wilson Team Sports EMEA you will be responsible for selecting, managing and maintaining the Wilson EMEA product range & product strategy for Basketball, American Football, Volleyball & Soccer; in line with GTM needs and global brand strategy.
In addition to this, the role is responsible for managing exisiting and new partnerships across the relevent sports, that provide the platform to promote the Wilson brand and drive sales through wholesale and direct to consumer channels.
- Analysing EMEA consumer and market needs to choose the right product assortment & mix (selecting the range, defining pricing, product mix, distribution channel, etc.).
- Prospecting new category development opportunities and owning the process to make it happen; such as Team Apparel
- Ensuring the commercial viability of EMEA range vs the targets and providing profitable growth.
- Creating seasonal EMEA line plan in line with customers’ needs.
- Preparing sell-in, sell-through, competitor and market trend analysis to support the commercial & sales teams.
- Regionalizing all product presentations & overall global toolbox and hand-over to the commercial & sales teams.
- Assuring the execution of GTM organization after hand-over of product range/strategy (following up on discount, distribution targets, SDP, etc.).
- Working together with EMEA / Global demand & supply team to set up EMEA range plans in the system and working on forecasting across all categories/models.
- Planning and implementing “EOL” and closing out strategies to manage inventory level.
- SMU briefings (GTM consolidated feedback / brief towards Global).
- Defining B2C/B2X range together with E-Com EMEA Manager, incl. E-com exclusives to drive more traffic / higher ROI.
- Product Training towards Sales & Commercial Teams.
- Preparation for internal and external meetings, i.e. support for National Account Managers during Key Account sell-in (product presentations) and the Commercial / Sales Teams during Local Sales Meetings.
- Develop the relationship with existing partners to ensure Wilson partner rights are fully executed to maximise ROI
- Conducting regular reviews of partnership effectiveness and making adjustments to move with the changing environment and sporting landscape
- Working across functions as the leader for all partnerships in EMEA by bringing the relevant team in to align with the partner and the business needs ie Marketing, Sales, Ecom
- Having an open mind to try new things in order to elevate the Wilson brand beyond ‘normal partner’ status, utilising modern and creative thinking techniques
- Gathering market insight to develop a Sponsorship Plan, with full financial evaluation and ROI in order to seek internal sign off and prioritise the Plan according to investment available
- Seeking new partnerships and building a network of relationships so that Wilson is the first choice for all key Leagues & Adoptions in EMEA, with a focus on Basketball & Volleyball
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar category/merchandising/partnership/agency/ management role, with proven ability to deliver results
- Sporting Goods Product Knowledge (Team Sports preferred)
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Commercially minded
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure
- Ability to build strong working relationships across global teams
- Strong communication/ influencing skills to manage key stakeholders
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent written & verbal English, with the confidence to present to broad audiences
- Flair for solving problems and making decisions
- Great attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Results focused and commercial thinking
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- Work with some of the biggest sporting partners in the world; including FIBA, NBA, NFL and BCL
- An exciting time to join the business experiencing growth
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- Competitive bonus and salary package
- Staff discounts on all Amer Sports brands
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
Please submit your application online.
Wilson Sporting Goods is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and is owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products which help players of all level perform better. Wilson’s core categories include: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, Youth Sports, Uniforms/Apparel, Golf, Footwear and Racquet Sports (Tennis, Racquetball, Squash, Badminton, and Platform Tennis).
To apply for this job please visit www.sportyjob.com.