Website The International Orienteering Federation
The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) is the international governing body of the sport of orienteering. The IOF governs four orienteering disciplines: orienteering, mountain bike orienteering, ski orienteering, and trail orienteering. The IOF was founded in 1961 and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1977. Currently, the IOF has 75 member countries. The IOF Office is in Karlstad, Sweden and has 2 full-time and 4 part-time staff.
The IOF’s Strategic Vision is that Orienteering is the most attractive adventure-based sport for all ages, and our Mission is to promote the global growth of orienteering and develop competitive and recreational orienteering.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the operational leadership of the IOF within the Strategic Directions and Activity Plan agreed by the IOF General Assembly.
The position is full-time and involves leading the IOF professional team, managing the IOFs commercial activities and finances, and the direct delivery of key functions such as events and managed services.
The CEO is accountable to the IOF Councilvia delegation and on a day-to-day basis the IOF Presidentis the CEO’s line manager. The CEO cooperates closely with the IOF Secretary General.
Salary by negotiation.
The CEO is responsible for managing the professional staff of the IOF and outsourced services to deliver the following specific functions:
• Developing the external communications and the brand development of the IOF and orienteering.
• Implementing the IOF’s Commercial Strategy especially in respect of television, rights management and partnerships.
Financial and Legal
• Managing the finances of the IOF
• Ensuring that all contractual matters relating to the running of the IOF are effectively organised
• Supporting the organisation of IOF major events in all disciplines
• Supporting the development of digital services for efficiency and brand development
• Advising and supporting the Council and Commissions on relevant matters and following up decisions made by Council and Commissions within the above scope.
• Organising and managing the IOF’s anti-doping programme in line with the World Anti-doping Code
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
• Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages beneficial
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in partnership with volunteers
• Knowledge of the sport of orienteering
• Experience of partnership sales and management
• Experience of managing an international professional team
• Financial and contractual management experience and skills
• Experience working in a digital working environment
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply by email to IOF President Leho Haldna email@example.com by 24 October 2021.
Please include the following:
• Your full CV and contact details
• A short statement of why you want the job and what you would be able to bring to the position (Maximum 1000 words)
• An indication of your preferred salary range
For further information on the IOF please consult our website www.orienteering.sport
Further enquiries about the post should be addressed to IOF President Leho Haldnaat the email address above.