Skateistan is looking for a communications intern to join our team at our headquarters in Berlin! Here is your opportunity to join our award-winning NGO and help to further our mission of empowering children through skateboarding and education. Deadline: 30 October 2020.
Skateistan is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for non-profit work to join our team as a Communications Intern in a part-time, six-month volunteer position. We can be flexible around the number of hours you work and we will consider candidates in Berlin or remotely, but you must be able to work in the Berlin timezone (CET).
The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to build experience and to gain insight into the workings of an international NGO that is recognized for its innovation in the field of sport for development. Skateistan social media channels have a combined following of around 200,000 and we’re looking for a creative person to help create assets to build engagement.
As Communications Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Skateistan’s Communications Manager, Designer and Communications Officer, as well as being part of a motivated and innovative fundraising and communications team. In this position you’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of Skateistan’s photo and video assets, as well as working remotely with our teams at our Skate Schools to help them capture the right footage and build their skills. You’ll help with training for our Skate School staff, have the freedom to explore different and innovative ways that we can use photos and video to tell our story and be responsible for editing, creating and curating assets that are ready to use on our website and social media channels. Organizing and maintaining our asset database is a key part of this role, so you’ll need to be organized and structured, with good attention to detail.
Position Core Responsibilities:
- Photo and video editing, using assets which are sent in from our Skate Schools
- Updating and organizing our asset database, making it easy to find the content we need
- Assisting in the creation of new types of assets which we can use on our social media channels
- Assisting with training and support for our Skate School staff to gather and capture the right kind of photo and video assets
- Research into social media trends to ensure we continue to grow followers and engagement.
Students are welcome to apply and seek university credits through the position.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to commit to working with us for six months
- Able to commit 16 hours/week during regular office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Proficient in English language (C1 level minimum)
- Experience in managing and creating content for social media accounts
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in photo and video editing software (Photoshop, Pixlr, imovie, Premier Pro etc)
- Creative and self-starting – happy to contribute ideas and create things from scratch
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Graduate or student of Development Studies, Communications, Journalism, Photojournalism, Videography or similar skills
- Experience in an office environment and working as part of a team
- Experience volunteering for a non-profit
Skateistan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage applications from people who identify as ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and individuals from groups that have been marginalized.
Skateistan has zero tolerance for child abuse, and we require every employee and volunteer to sign our child protection policy declaration and pass a thorough check up including but not limited to a police clearance certificate.
The position can be offered as a Pflichtpraktikum, Freiwilliges Praktikum, a limited part-time employment position or limited freelance position, depending on the circumstances and profile of the chosen candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and Cover through the application.
Closing on 30th October.
To apply for this job please visit skateist.jobs.people-first.com.