Website LDN UTD
LDN UTD is an innovative esports org. We believe esports can be a platform that serves society by drawing attention to the critical issues of our age: climate change, diversity, poverty – among others. We offer opportunities for aspiring pro players from all backgrounds to develop their careers, and will be hosting premier player rosters competing at the highest levels to promote our message.
In the past 12 months we’ve partnered with Chipotle, Logitech G, Bio-Synergy, Low Cost Glasses and DLA Piper to develop our business. We’ve held events in Fortnite, Apex Legends, FIFA and League of Legends, and have a DOTA2 team competing in the ESL Prem. We’ve worked with grime artist P-Money. The future only looks brighter.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who can vocalise our position on the social challenges facing the global community in a way that feels authentic to the esports audience. We want to build a fandom that believes esports can be a platform for good, and our Community Development Manager is the face of that. You’ll have major autonomy over our brand messaging from day one, and a key role developing our digital platforms, beginning with Discord, YouTube and Twitter.
- Creating, sourcing and publishing relevant and compelling social media content
- Understanding and working towards agreed editorial and commercial goals
- Understanding our tone of voice
- Designing and editing a range of multimedia content (video, GIFs and still images) for commercial and editorial campaigns
- Day-to-day community management of social media platforms
- Monitoring audience engagement, reporting and creating content calendars (weekly and monthly)
- Providing data and insights to the ownership group
- Working with streamers, pro players and other content creators to build campaigns on social media platforms
- You are driven. You attack everything you get involved in with massive energy.
- You are an active member of the esports and gaming community. You know where to find the hardcore fans online and how to make them laugh.
- You are game and platform agnostic. You like Animal Crossing as much as DotA 2. You see value in console gaming and in PC gaming. You think the Xbox vs. Sony rivalry is silly (it’s obvious which one is better, after all).
- You have some creative experience. You’ve messed around with some image editing software (maybe Adobe Photoshop? Premiere Pro? GIMP?) from time to time – you’ve edited your best friend’s face onto Ashe’s body and tweeted it.
- You’re not afraid of numbers. You know that at the end of the day we’ve got to get the engagement and build our follower base to achieve our goals. You can manage social media analytics data and identify ways to achieve more.
- You’re flexible. You don’t mind working evenings and weekends on occasion.
- You don’t mind getting stuck in. We are a start-up after all!
- Join a fast moving industry and be at the centre of a leading organisation that is going places!
- High impact position with autonomy to shape the business model.
- Work in a high calibre team in a fun, flexible working environment based in central London and also remotely.
- Live the true start-up experience and learn how to grow a business from the ground up!
- Free protein from Bio-Synergy!
- £23k salary
- Discretionary bonus
If this sounds like a match we’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to by clicking the Apply button and include anything you feel is important and will help you stand out.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
To apply for this job please visit hitmarker.net.