At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The Events and Programs Coordinator will assist in the management of USA Triathlon National events and programs. This individual will assist with logistical coordination and on-site management of procurement and inventory of materials, shipment and receiving of items, trailer management and logistics. They will also assist with virtual events, Splash and Dash, Indoor Multisport, and numerous other event management activities.
This position sees the planning and logistics come to life in the form of execution and implementation of events and programs. Being able to work in a team setting not only within the department, but across the organization allows for a high level of creativity and idea sharing. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, creative, collaborative and detail oriented.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead key areas of USA Triathlon Championship Events, including but not limited to race courses, venues, athlete experiences, and conferences
- Develop and manage detailed production and logistics processes and timelines
- Support and assist with preparation and execution of all phases in the championship event logistics process
- Coordinate and procure event material orders and delivery process
- Collaborate across the organization, especially with the Marketing, Communications and Business Development teams
- Liaise with local organizing committees to fulfill responsibilities as it relates to vendors and other community support
- Assist in the management of staff and volunteers during event week
- Coordinate all vendor acquisitions and equipment rentals for national championships that include correspondence and booking pre-event, management on site, and wrap-up post event
- USA Triathlon property, supply and equipment inventory, logistics and management
- Assist in budgeting, tracking and processing payments, refunds and all other financial transactions related to events and programs
- Manage USA Triathlon programs as assigned, including but not limited to virtual events, Splash and Dash, Indoor Multisport, and other programs as needed
- Develop and implement cost sensitive effective experiential strategies that increase customer satisfaction
- Travel to National Championships throughout the year to assist in execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, business, or related field or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Event production experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Superior customer service
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and some holidays
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more (continuously) and work extended hours
- Travel is required to all owned National Championships, at a minimum
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
We do not offer relocation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.