Website Lewes Football Club
CLOSING DATE: 3rd AUGUST 2021 (we reserve the right to close the job ad at anytime prior to the deadline)
How to Apply?
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line: Fan & Community Engagement Coordinator: Your Name).
In your cover letter please outline why you would like the role and outline two different target audiences and how you would try to get them to attend matchdays at the club.
Hours & Availability: 40 hours/week including all home match days
Location: Flexible/home-working with some office hours.
Remuneration: £20,000 + commission
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Purpose: Lewes FC is seeking a warm and friendly, highly-motivated and entrepreneurial person with excellent interpersonal skills to increase matchday attendance and manage and develop the many and various community engagement initiatives of our 100% community-owned football club.
Lewes FC currently has over 1700 fan-owners spanning 35 countries around the world, with half of those being in the Lewes district. Our owners are a diverse bunch who like quality winning football and/or the drive for equality, transparency and integrity in the beautiful game. Lewes FC remains the only club in the world to split our playing budget and resources equally between our men’s and women’s sides.
We’re about to embark on another exciting chapter in our history with new management on our men’s side – determined to fly the mighty Rooks to the next level – and our Championship women’s side vying with the likes of Liverpool and Crystal Palace, and moving this season towards becoming more of a full-time outfit.
We are seeking to grow our fan base and the home crowd figures at both first team fixtures, as well as to continue reaching out to diverse communities to encourage them to come in and use The Dripping Pan on both match days and non-match days.
Role and Responsibilities
Manage and promote ticket sales
- Implement marketing strategies in key target areas to increase matchday attendance for both men’s and women’s matches.
- Manage the ticket sales platform and app and support stewards and turnstile operators on matchday.
- Organise matchday comps ticketing and ensure guests are welcomed and have a great experience.
- Promote Corporate Beach Hut sales alongside ticket sales, including designing special offers or initiatives for specific matches and ensuring Beach Huts are stocked on matchdays with pre-purchased items.
- Understand data and audience segmentation to influence future marketing strategies.
Encourage new and existing communities to attend match days and increase engagement with the club
- Collaborate, communicate and engage with key, existing Lewes FC football communities (e.g. Lewes FC Juniors, Lewes FC pathway teams, Lewes FC Vets, Lewes FC Supporters Club) to maintain good relationships, and partner on projects with a view to growing attendance and increasing value for owners.
- Organise outreach and matchday experiences to appeal to diverse groups/traditionally ‘unwelcome’ groups.
- Develop good relationships with local partners, including our SisterShips network, encouraging attendance at our games and supporting their initiatives through organising player/staff appearances or in co-developing special offers.
- Organise public activations with players to promote ticket sales and season tickets in fun, unusual ways.
Organise great matchday experiences.
- Bring joy to home matchday experiences, organising activities, entertainment, and activations and creating an environment that has positive energy, is fun, inclusive, and has people talking about.
- Implement fun, engaging marketing and publicity strategies to drive up attendance.
- Lead on outreach to different groups to increase attendance and matchday spend via specific activations and special offers.
- Organise or oversee matchday volunteers who support with stewarding and hospitality.
- Run or work with volunteers to run the PA system, including organising music and making matchday announcements.
Ensure Lewes FC is using its position to support the local community through events, appearances, activities and other initiatives.
- Manage player appearances at events and in the media
- Oversee and publicise matchday charity collections at the Pan.
- Co-ordinate the club’s participation in the town’s foodbank collections.
- Further develop our work to welcome refugee groups into the club community.
- Develop good relationships with local communities and faith groups.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the hosting of community events in The Rook Inn.
- Increase engagement within local schools at both primary and secondary level and develop good relationships with local colleges and universities with a view to incentivising students to come to matches.
Build strong relationships with fans, owners and the club’s local and global communities and capture evidence and data that help us understand our audiences.
- Record fans’ feedback on matchdays and at ‘Town Hall’ events with a view to improving matchday experience and relationship with the club.
- Working across the club to implement and develop the club’s 10 Point Action Plan for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Support the media team to mark various national and international days and weeks of the year and club campaigns.
Increase sales of club merchandise through the club shop and on matchdays
- Ensure the club bar and vending machines are well stocked and maintained.
- Analyse sales data to inform future product lines.
- Fulfil online orders and order new stock when required.
Increase sponsorship from local businesses
- Liaise with and be a contact point for local businesses on opportunities to sponsor matches or partner on club events and ensure they have a great experience.
- Understand and analyse the data generated by local sales to influence future sponsorship strategies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience of entrepreneurialism, business, sales, marketing, and/or community engagement (this can take many forms and does not need to be in a professional environment).
- A “people person” with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and get on with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to operate calmly under pressure, with multiple competing demands.
- A self-starter with innovative ideas and a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent IT skills
Lewes Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates for employment and voluntary roles at the Club are treated fairly, and that selection is based solely on the individual merits of candidates and on selection criteria relevant to the post.