Website Red Bull New York
The New York Red Bulls are one of 26 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters’ Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation’s premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs with a firm grasp and understanding of animation techniques, fundamentals and software using Adobe After Effects. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, animation, graphic styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing projects from conception to production, including digital, print, merchandise and product packaging. Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes the New York Red Bulls brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Required to perform the job)
- Design original creative elements
- Adaptation of design elements to carry out the continuity of the New York Red Bulls brand throughout all collateral
- Design projects include but are not limited to: print (postcards, brochures, self-mailers, commemorative posters), newspaper ads, logo design, creative for publications, e-mail marketing components, digital advertisements (banners, pop-ups and other design elements), promotional items, internal communication pieces, social and content graphics, environmental design, merchandise and more
- E-mail campaign layout and design
- Precise proofing of all materials
- Take initiative, be involved, active and creative in suggesting new ideas and thinking outside of the box
- Communicate with outside print vendors, relaying specifications for production
- Serve as a checkpoint regarding logo usage, brand guidelines, graphic standards, etc.
- Capable of working on multiple design projects at any given time and execute quickly
- Assist in maintaining and establishing design department policies
- Animation of graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing department
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent design sense
- Ability to be comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Successful at working in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- College degree, preferably in graphic design/fine art
- At least 4+ years’ work experience as a Graphic Designer, Animator or a similar role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is necessary. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a must. After Effects and any video editing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of additional software or plugins helpful for creating presentation graphics, video intros, web features, social content etc.
- Experience in sports and/or entertainment industry
Red Bull New York provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and a paid time-off program.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamworkonline.com.