Website CSL Esports
CSL Esports is currently looking for a head of marketing in the Philadelphia area (director or VP level based on experience).
Who we are: CSL Esports provides life-changing opportunities in education through esports. Working directly with High Schools, Universities, and Alumni associations, we provide turnkey solutions for schools and students to compete and learn valuable skills in the rapidly expanding esports industry.
Formally WorldGaming Network and CSL College, CSL Esports has been North America’s largest collegiate esports business, providing over $1 million in scholarships while partnering with over 1,800 educational institutions under its premier tournament series since 2009.
The ideal candidate will serve as the lead marketing executive, reporting to the CEO. You will manage all marketing efforts including planning, research, advertising, content, communications, and public relations in line with CSL Esports and parent company (Playfly Sports) objectives.
- Develop and implement the CSL Esports brand strategy focusing on opportunities around education
- Measure marketing program effectiveness and KPIs to drive continuous improvement in strategy and output
- Participate in organization-wide strategy (Playfly Sports) planning and expand our thinking around the role of marketing in achieving growth
- Set and administer an annual marketing budget
- Oversee marketing expenses and resources including relationships with external contractors
- Develop digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Spearhead efforts to increase brand visibility
- Be the brand champion for CSL Esports, ensuring ongoing health and evolution of brand development and brand consistency across all forms of communication
- Overseeing the development and strategy of social channels, website, mobile and outbound communication marketing, as well as gamer specific channels such as Twitch, Reddit, Discord, and more
- Development/management of relevant content that supports and reinforces our market and brand positioning
- Developing new initiatives to drive acquisition, retention, and spending
- Involvement with and support of our partner relationships such as game publishers, game platforms, sponsors, brands, media companies, and more
- Liaising with external agencies, internal creative services, and other shared Playfly Sports resources for creative development in support of all campaigns
- Continually refining marketing programs and campaigns based on in-depth analysis of results
- Effective coaching and management of the marketing and community teams
- A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum of five years of progressively complex positions in marketing
- Sports, collegiate, entertainment, or esports organization experience preferred
- Experience supervising the work of others, including workload management, reviewing, and coaching
- Ability to present concepts in new ways and from new perspectives
- Ability to promote change by communicating to and involving others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including events on nights and weekends
This position may require some travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.