Website Swansea City AFC
Purpose of Role
To work towards ensuring Swansea City Football Club and its employees are portrayed in the local, national, and global media as an ambitious, financially stable, fan-orientated, family-friendly, and caring community organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
To manage the day-to-day running of the media department – its full-time staff, plus part-time matchday staff – and advise club employees at all levels on public relations matters.
• Overseeing the content provision and creating a thorough and creative media strategy across all areas of the club internally (matchday programme, website, social media and SwansTV) and externally (press, media and PR, both written and broadcast formats)
• Direct responsibility for advising all club staff (playing and non-playing) and setting media policy / protocol; dealing with press enquiries; arranging and overseeing interviews pre and post-match (home and away); meeting the requirement of the EFL and rights-holding media partners; assisting in the development of the commercial aspects of the club such as SwansTV, matchday programme and new media (internet and social media) opportunities.
• To manage and assist in producing content for the matchday programme (including the responsibility for final sign off for digital and print), in-house publications, website, SwansTV and any external PR / communication / media requirements.
• Matchday management of all areas related to media, including accreditation for written press and rights-holding radio and TV broadcasters. To facilitate the club’s own media requests for away fixtures.
• To manage the content and delivery of a full matchday, including digital media, big screens, SwansTV LIVE and full press activity at the Liberty Stadium
• To manage the programme from production to our match day sellers and ensure all programme sales and stock are correct.
• To liaise, advise and update the club Chairman / CEO, Board members, senior management staff and team manager regarding media and PR matters.
• To help improve and promote the club’s community image and projects by coordinating with the club’s Community Trust department and initiatives launched by the club’s commercial / marketing / inclusion arms.
• Coordinate and assist with the commercial, marketing, stadium management, retail and ticketing departments on stories and information for internal and external media use. To advise on PR issues and concerns before release.
• To maintain management control of any media budgets agreed by the CEO / CFO.
• To be available outside of ‘usual’ business hours to deal with urgent matters.
• To oversea the media department, providing support to the Media Manager and extended media team.
• To manage the annual leave and sickness recording for the media department
• To manage and coordinate performance reviews for the media department, liaising with the Media Manager regarding individual performance and capability
• Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.
• Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety
• Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
• Degree or equivalent in relevant field
• Extensive experience of working within the media industry
• Excellent communication skills; written and presentation skills with sound understanding of media relations
• Previous experience of working within the sport industry
• Demonstrated experience in journalism and social media
• Crisis Management experience
Previous experience of working within a Championship or Premier League Club
How to apply
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position, please forward your CV (including two references) to email@example.com or to HR Department, Swansea City AFC, Liberty Stadium Swansea SA1 2FA
Closing date: 30 November 2020
Once you have applied for this role, you are required to complete an equal opportunities survey to allow the club to monitor the diversity of its applicants and ensure we are reaching a broad spectrum of people. The survey will take less than five minutes and can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BR9JST5
The Company is an equal opportunities employer. The Company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice. The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required. Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve the right to remove this advert. Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview
To apply for this job please visit www.uksport.gov.uk.