Nike Valiant Labs is currently seeking an Investment Research Manager to join our work building new businesses that serve the unmet needs of athletes* in new ways and creating new growth for Nike. Entrepreneurial in spirit and approach, this type of innovation requires us to think and work differently, quickly generating new ideas and validating their potential.
The Investment Research Manager will help in the exploration of new opportunities to grow the portfolio using both quantitative and qualitative analysis to support due diligence efforts and gain insight into industry trends and startups that are innovating at the intersection of retail, technology, e-commerce, health, and personalized products & services. They will be passionate about staying on top of the news TechCrunch, GeekWire, VentureBeat, Courier, WSJ, FT knowing who is doing what, for which consumers, why, and which markets.
Our ideal candidate is someone who will be enthusiastic about supporting the Head of Portfolio as they mine new areas of opportunity within white space exploration and help manage the new business investment process.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
– Oversee primary and secondary market research relating to consumer, technology, business model, and investment trends; perform quantitative and qualitative research on specific white space opportunities
– Manage pre and post-investment deliverables and work streams for Valiant Labs Investment Committee
– Create and manage data visualizations for monitoring and forecasting Valiant Labs new business portfolio health
– Engage with internal and outside industry specialists and futurists to help validate exploration recommendations with qualitative perspectives
– Support the Head of Portfolio in a variety of analytic activities, including running due diligence for potential investments and assisting in the preparation of memos or presentations of the findings
– Synthesize research and analytics into reports that effectively communicate insights
– Create and maintain databases of startup opportunities within white space exploration; standardize reporting to maximize consistency and comparability across different investment thesis areas
– Demonstrated background in entrepreneurship and venture capital portfolio management
– Highly advanced quantitative skills complemented by intellectual curiosity and an ability to identify critical themes and patterns in the Wellness and Services sectors
– Proven ability to sift through data while sensing market opportunities, identify critical information, develop investment hypotheses aligned to corporate strategies, apply relevant analytical techniques based on build/buy/partner approach, and perform rigorous analyses with speed
– Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and experience communicating complex concepts to Investment Committees and Boards
– Strong initiative, ownership, and attention to detail
– Excellent project management skills with a delivery-oriented approach; ability to complete multiple assignments simultaneously within strict timelines
– Relevant degree in Business, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Analytics etc. preferred
– Advanced Excel skills
To apply for this job please visit nike.referrals.selectminds.com.