The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Running Series®, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business.
For our IRONMAN Denmark ApS in Copenhagen we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent Danish and English speaking Local Marketing Manager (m/f/d)
- Create comprehensive, strategic marketing plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets and manage their implementation in partnership with the wider marketing department and in collaboration with event operations staff and regional stakeholders for the Nordics market: Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
- Craft marketing approach for specific events, which adapt Series/ Brand product offerings or messages so that they resonate with customers in each specific locale.
- Manage a country-specific marketing budget.
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for print, radio, out of home and other traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements, either through media agencies or direct negotiation.
- Manage marketing and stakeholder communications, both external and internal across all owned communication channels and platforms.
- Work closely with functional leads within the EMEA and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels such as email, print, out of home, digital and grassroots marketing to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
- Develop and execute media and PR plan to achieve positive brand and event coverage for country.
- Facilitate event weekend media, PR and social media schedules to output high quality content and endorsements.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years marketing experience, Public Relations and Media Management, experience within the mass participation running market would be advantageous
- Excellent strategic, analytical thinking capability and strong self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail, data driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. Competence in Swedish and Finnish would be advantageous
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan.
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours and to travel 25%+
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Opportunity to be creative in your work and the possibility to develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Part of a growing global publicly listed Company.
A contract will be made based on a part-time employment of 32 hours a week, with possibility to extend to full-time after first 3 months of contract. The contract will be fixed for 12 months.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period. Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
To apply for this job please visit cdn4.sportngin.com.