Website Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Senior Lead of Global Sports Marketing – Global Team Sports & Olympics is responsible for building a truly global sports marketing approach across UA’s Global Team Sports and Olympic categories. This includes working cross functionally to fully understand UA’s brand and product / commercial direction ensuring UA makes the most strategic sports marketing investments. These strategic category approaches will be rooted in actionable initiatives centered around the sports pillars of Athlete Marketing, Grassroots Marketing and Properties & Partnerships. This role will have significant day to day interaction with Global and Regional teammates in order to make sure the approach/strategy is being implemented, executed and measured appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop the creation of a distinctive holistic global sports marketing approach, both short and long term, for the key global categories.
- Responsible to educate and coach regional teams on category strategy/approach and collaborate on the development of regional nuances.
- Identify key KPI’s in order to measure success of key strategies and initiatives.
- Partner on a daily basis with the Global Athlete Marketing and Global Grassroots Teams to ensure alignment on strategy/approach for Global Team Sports and Olympics.
- Partner with Global Marketing functions (brand, media, etc…) as well as Regional Marketing Teams on an on-going basis to better understand Go-To-Market (GTM) milestones and determine how Global Team Sports and Olympics can become more effectively integrated into the overall IMP process.
- Actively participate in cross functional team meetings that are focused on building Integrated Category Creative briefs which outlines UA’s detailed consumer journey.
- Identify activation opportunities that can help drive attract and conversion rates which results in revenue growth.
- Continuously look for new, game changing approaches to sports marketing which elevate the Brand and strengthen the connection with the Focused Performer (e.g. consumer).
- Lead the Olympic cross functional GTM pod heading into each Summer and Winter Games.
- Provide support to the Director of Global Sports Marketing in the annual Long-Range Planning process as well as the development of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Provide support to the Director of Global Sports Marketing in developing strong ROI and measurement tools which will be used to inform leadership on performance of our global investments.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES)
- Strong analytical thinker with a history of building robust strategic plans.
- Ability to establish and grow relationships at all levels, both inside the organization as well as within the global marketing industry.
- Proven professionalism working with high profile clients/athletes and agents.
- Accountability is a must. This self-starter will be provided the opportunity to create, develop and grow the business while being accountable for both short- and long-term success.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Task Management
- Contract structuring and negotiations
- Maintain composure in high level stress situations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA required
- MBA preferred, but not mandatory
- 8-10 years of relevant Sports Marketing experience working for either a Global Brand, Club, Federation, League and/or Agency.
- Experience/background in Global Football (Soccer) or Basketball industry is preferred
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong, premium brand and a distinct culture also highly valued.
- Prior experience working with athletes / influencers, teams, properties and owned initiatives.
- Prior measurement and consumer insights development / implementation is preferred.
- Prior short- and long-term financial planning experience is preferred.
- Travel: 10-20%; occasional international travel
- Late night and early morning calls / video conferences with regions outside North America.
- Program Experience: Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc….
- Outlook Calendar and WebEx Communication
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply for this job please visit careers.underarmour.com.