Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Design Innovator Intern, you will be working with the NXT SPACE Design Innovation Team within the Nike Explore Team (NXT). NXT SPACE explores and ignites big ideas that create significant change, harnessing the power of the collective to better serve our athletes* and consumers. Our work includes exploratory platforms and strategic products. Formally known as Nike’s Innovation Kitchen, it is one of the worlds’ foremost laboratories in which anything is possible. A playground where a celebrated lineage of designers, engineers, risk takers, and former architects draft the next generation of technology infused products, experiences, and methods of make.
- You’ll utilize your Design skills to create future forward, original innovative designs, that appropriately reflect Nike’s design philosophy and standards, to help elevate the athlete* experience.
- You’ll champion new ways of thinking / visioning and utilize performance and cultural insights, consumer/athlete* and NSRL data, to create and initiate research for product Innovation and concepts.
- You’ll generate, develop, and execute designs, consistently demonstrating process proficiency through best practices, visualization and communication of ideas, and Digital Tools. 2D and 3D.
- You’ll communicate and present concepts to various internal audiences.
- Pursuing an Undergraduate degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Fashion Design, or related field.
- Graduation date of Winter 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Well-curated portfolio, variety of projects/mediums, demonstrating process is a plus.
- Strong team player, successful collaborator, entrepreneurial, ability to work directly with a wide range of diverse athlete*s.
- Embraces ambiguity, entrepreneurial spirit who can think holistically across product design and business for opportunites to disrupt.
- Passionate about sustainability, social impact, and creating a better future.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Clear, concise, and thoughtful delivery (verbal, written, visual, listening).
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, other visualization tools are a plus.
- Comfortable with equipment and tools for hands-on making, advanced knowledge of product construction concepts.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.