Time to share some highlights and what we have been doing under 2020. In this post, we share some important moments and steps for Sportidealisten’s development. We had a good start and then as the rest of the world, a pandemic hit all of us hard. However, we still saw growth and new ways to develop our services and this and a bit more will be shared.
Highlights of Sportidealisten 2020
While we all are excited that 2021 is finally here, 2020 was a good year for us – largely thanks to people like yourself who make us a part of your monthly routine! We couldn’t come to this point without you and therefore we want to highlight our year in review including the most popular reads 2020.
I developed into we. From being an one-man show we got two more people working hard and passionate about building the #1 sports jobs platform. With our innovative and open-minded mindsets and thanks to your loyalty and trust, we have managed to develop the website with an improved design and content which seems to be enjoyed by everyone. The same goes for our newsletter that has gotten some improvements.
In 2020 our founder and CEO, Jakob had the great opportunity to moderate a panel at the Creative Business Cup Sweden with world-class athletes. If you want to learn more about this, we shared a four part series about this (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4).
Soon after this we developed our list we call “the Passion List” where people looking for sports jobs can add themselves onto the list. A great feature in order to better connect future employees and employers in the sports industry and to provide impactful matches between hiring managers and job seekers in sports.
Covid-19 has also put many people out of work and we felt the urge to help out. Our job is to find yours and we want you to feel empowered and ready for a successful career in the sports industry. Therefore we developed another feature called “Develop your career“. We have shared lots of education that is free to learn on this page. Since we know how important personal development is, it is crucial to always learn something new every day and we hope that you have had the opportunity to do so.
Lastly, during 2020 we took another big step by creating the first-ever education for club directors in sports in Sweden together with Sportseminarier. We had a good mix of sports and the clubs were a great spread from around the country thanks to our online format.
We believe that all sports bring a lot of engagement and emotions and that is why many of us want to work in sports. Our vision is to have a world where everyone can work with their passion.
I personally want to thank you for being part of Sportidealisten. Without you and your passion this platform and vision wouldn’t have been the same. As I usually am talking about it takes a lot of time to find the dream job in sports but also to find and recruit the best candidates. And from the start of Sportidealisten I have wanted to change this and I know that we can change this. Let us keep working to make employment in sports easy, fun and allow more people to work with their passion.
2020 Sportidealisten Recap
– 1 ➡️ 3 team members
– Launched a new web design
– 176% increase in monthly readership to the site
– 208% increase in monthly pageviews
– 134% increase in newsletter readers
– Hosted a panel with 4 world elite athletes at the Creative Business Cup Sweden
– Launched our education page
– Launched the first-ever education for club directors in sports in Sweden in collaboration with Sportseminarier
Top reads 2020
Now a successful list we launched 2019 where we share the most popular reads from our newsletters during the past year. We can conclude that you like topics around:
- Djurgårdens IF är Sveriges största idrottsförening
- Ny modell ska skapa evenemang som är hållbara över tid
- INTERVJU: “ANVÄND KUNDMÖTEN TILL ATT FÖRBÄTTRA EN REDAN BRA PERSONLIG RELATION”
- How Jessica Berman Became The Highest-Ranking Woman In Men’s Professional Sports
- CSR in Swedish Football
- Sports and Covid-19 news you missed?
- Aspiring CEOs, do these 7 things if you want to get and keep a job as the top boss
- Sports Sponsorship Market Set to Witness Huge Growth by 2026 | Nike, Rolex, Pepsico, Adidas
- The world’s most valuable teams 2020
- The tech behind the Bundesliga Match Facts xGoals: How machine learning is driving data-driven insights in soccer
- Why is passion important working in sports?
- DIPLOMERAD SPORTSTRATEG
- A new guide by the #IOC – called “Sustainability Management in Sports”
- Leadership through sport management – How to be innovative
- How to build a sustainable career in sports?
- Okände svensken får toppjobb i NHL
- These are the top 10 job skills of tomorrow – and how long it takes to learn them
Get the latest news, jobs and more
Subscribe to our newsletters, your first step to a lifetime of knowledge in sports, that will make you inspired and empowered. Every month you can receive the latest insights, jobs, trends, and news from the world of sports. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Excited to stay in touch and if there’s anything we can help with in terms of jobs/career development/consulting services (administration, marketing, events etc), or if you have any other ideas for collaboration just reach out!